‘Missing’ fisherman safe and sound
Port Elizabeth - The “missing” Port Elizabeth fisherman who worked on fishing boats in Maputo has been found safe.
Police spokesperson Colonel Priscilla Naidu said that 59-year old Cornelius Johannes Van Der Westhuizen made contact with his wife Renee on Wednesday evening, the same day the police had issued an alert on his missing status.
Naidu said it was alleged that Van Der Westhuizen left Port Elizabeth about a year ago to work on the fishing boats at Emapum Fishery at the Maputo Harbour in Mozambique.
According to police the fisherman had last made contact with her on November 30 last year.
When contacted, Renee Van Der Westhuizen said that she was not allowed to speak about the matter and that she would only say that her husband was safe.
African News Agency
* Use IOL’s Facebook and Twitter pages to comment on our stories. See links below.